Beethoven

Do not only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine. Beethoven

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Benefits of beer in soap

We did many things in the 70's and 80's that seem a bit out there.
like these shoes...

and don't forget the "leisure suit"


 







And who remembers John Travolta in this classic!


It was also fun to mess around with every day ingredients on the body. I remember putting Mayo in my hair, Avocado, and just to annoy my father I would use his beer as a hair rinse. I found that the hops and wheat used to produce the beer were acting as natural conditioners and would begin to strengthen my hair, generating a healthy shine.

Well, this same concept carries over to Beer soap. All the alcohol is burnt away in the process of making the soap, but the natural benefits of the hops still remain, producing a very conditioning bar of soap.


 Other great benefits to Hops are: it soothes irritated skin, and contains polyphenols thought to account for its anti-bacterial and preservative effects (beer’s long life) and also it contains skin- softening amino acids. 

I love the two Beer soaps we have here at Zoe Life Soapworks. I did one in an Orange Patchouli and one in Vanilla Oak. Both these scents partner up with the light scent of the hops to produce a very intriguing scent that is just perfect.

By the way I still like to annoy my father on occasion, and I still like to experiment with funky, out there, everyday ingredients on the skin! Some things never change...

No comments:

Post a Comment